Sunday, November 14, 2010

Running good, and then not so good

My head is killing me right now! I think I need some medicine but it hasn't been that long so I'm hoping that it is a sleep depervation thing, and not the onset of a head cold.

Ok, so Reno was a success, with a pretty decent showing in the other tournys despite not making any other cashes. I had chip leads many of the days but couldn't quite make it. Ran into too many coolers, played myself into a few awkward spots, etc. Ah well, I tend to think that the trip was really what I needed to get my head back into the game. I have had a ton of new drive to play since the trip, and it has really shown in my game. For the last month I have crushed nearly every game I played in. I haven't ran particularly well, but it seems the difference is that I just haven't had any of the major cooler spots for big money.

Of course that is all excluding this last week, in which I took a few days off, and only played 2-4 when I did play, and as a result, got my head kicked in. Got into a few flips that I couldn't win, and missed 2 big draws in $700+ pots. Sigh...

I played heads up the other night with one of the kids that was playing 2-4. We ended up flipping the game to 5-5. This was the second time in as many weeks that I have ended up playing heads up. Somehow I have tended to do pretty well in these matches coming out a 1-2 buy in winner. Last night was basically more of the same, until I made a pretty big mental mistake and allowed the guy to flip the game to 5-10, and rebuy for 150 BBs. I ran pretty salty and not having as many BBs to work with really hurt my game. In the end I got stacked off in a flip. I talked to Miguel about a few of the spots I got into, and for the most part he says they are pretty standard with the exception of one in which I played marginally bad. Lack of heads up experience showing. Cest la vie.

I got a coaching gig this week, and am being interviewed on Set You Straight Poker Radio on Weds. I'm pretty excited to get something going with them, and really hope to make a strong showing on their program. I like the show, and the team seems to have pretty good chemistry so this should be a pretty good experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment