Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reno Day 1 and 2

Got into Reno a little later then I wanted to. Didnt get a chance to play the 7 o'clock tourny, but the cash game seemed decent so I jumped in and quickly proceeded to dump a buy in. Nothing really remarkable to speak of except that I had a lot of trouble getting the other players to fold a hand. Sucked, but whatever.

Got up early the following day for the noon tourny. Got a little time to do some prep, and mentally prepare for the long day. And fortunately it was a long day.

From jump street, I was running pretty decent. Within the first 5 minutes, called a pre-flop raise with 55, against 9x. Flop was 952 with a 2 daimonds. In the end I got 80% of my villian's stack, which made for a pretty decent start. Other hands of note included, 66 vs AA on the Q62 flop, AA vs JJ, 33 vs KT on the QJ3 flop. Unfortunately, I went pretty card dead late in the tourny, but was able to steal a lot of pots, and scored a final table chop for a over $6K.

I was really happy with my play throughout the tourny, and didn't make too many mistakes throughout. In fact, I was actually able to avoid a few cold decks that should have sent me to the rail. It was pretty amazing to feel like I was playing my best game for nearly 12 hours. Atleast I made a decent cash early, so from here on out, I should have a ton of less pressure on me. I'm pretty exhausted at the moment, so hopefully I can write a more detailed blog in the next couple days. A few more big cashes and this is going to be a pretty epic trip. Let's hope I keep running good!

No comments:

Post a Comment